Overhead Transmission Lines from Distribution (11kV) to the highest transmission voltage levels (765kV).
The vast majority of experience gained from previous contracts, whilst in the employment of Eskom and ABB, ranging from Engineering, Project Management to Site Management.
A few contracts participated on by OptiPower’s senior management includes:
- RSA-Namibia Interconnector: 2000km: 400kV
- Droeërivier – Hydra: 220km: 400kV
- Koeberg – Aurora: 100km: 400kV
- Aurora – Saldanha Steel: 40km: 132kV
- Matimba – Midas: 150km: 400kV
- Aries – SA Border: 350km Trip Tern: 400kV
- Skorpion Keetmanshoop – Roshphina: 400kV
Since the inception of OptiPower, the company completed numerous Transmission and Distribution projects. OptiPower is one of the companies currently participating in Eskom‘s Capital Expenditure programme.
An experienced live line maintenance team is readily available, and have concluded some of the most complex highway and river crossings.
Experiences ranges from working on the Gautrain project to the rocky outcrops of the KwaZulu-Natal midlands, which included helicopter work and a large amount of rock blasting.
OptiPower offers the following services:
- Turnkey design and construction of all Power lines from 11kV up to 765kV
- Refurbishment of Lines
- Conductor replacement
- Insulator replacement
- Foundation refurbishment
- Steel Member replacement
- Guy Anchor Link Refurbish and replacement
- Spacer Damper replacement
- Specialist stringing works
- Earth-wire and OPGW replacement
- Installation of Midspan Flying insulator sets
- Live Line Works
- Quantity Surveying
- Specialised Tower, Line Hardware and Foundation Design solutions