The Construction of a 400kV Line over a Distance of 11.5k, from Ingula Power Station to Turn-in Point (Intersection of Majuba Venus 400kV Line).
SCOPE OF WORK:
- Bush clearing for access and construction purposes.
- Survey and pegging of towers.
- Designed and installed concrete tower foundations in various soil/rock conditions.
- Manufacture, supply and erection of galvanised steel lattice, transmission line towers to carry Quad “Zebra” conductor.
- Stringing/regulation with quad “Zebra” ACSR phase conductor, together with slack span connections to the new Ingula Substation.
- Installed Quad “Zebra” slack-spans at Ingula Substation.
- Linked the existing Majuba Venus to the new Ingula line
- Dismantled structures.
- Stringing/regulation with a single “19/2.7” earth conductors
- Installed line labels, bird-guards, bird-diverters and aircraft warning devices.
- Rehabilitation of groundwork damage and implementation of environmental management plan.